Gnome hangs after sensors installation

> > grep sensors -ir /etc/rc2.d/*
> I have nothing in there. The command returns nothing.

OK, no init script (at first sight).

> > (BTW I'm surprised you are in runlevel 2, it's unusual.)
> What runlevel do you expect me to be in? Xserver starts fine,  as does
> gdm..

This usually corresponds to runlevel 4 or 5. But nevermind.

Can you take a look at /etc/modules.conf? If you see anything that looks
i2c- or lm_sensors-related, delete it (or simply comment it with a #)
and see if it goes any better.

If not, try the following:

cd /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/i2c

(make sure this command succeeded before running the rm commands below)

rm *.o
rm -r busses
rm -r chips

With no more sensor modules installed, everything should be back to
normal I guess.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/