#1353 still error!!

> This machine is Intel Pentium Celeron II 700 MHz, 384 SDRAM,
> mainboard: Asus TUSL2-C System: SuSE 8.0 , kernel: 2.4.18-4GB
> GCC-3.3  (this is the newest stable version)

OK. Isn't it strange to use an old distribution, an old kernel, and a
bleeding-edge compiler?

> Now I'm going to compile lm_sensors-2.8.0 again from the beginning,
> I'll swap those 2 lines then I'll attach the whole compilation
> procedure here... I hope we can figure out what the problem is.

My analysis is that your build environment is unsafe. The fisrt warning
(dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules) is
not lm_sensors fault IMHO. I believe you had the same with i2c. It's
probably harmless anyway.

I'm puzzled. Many other modules are very similar (include-wise) to
dmi_scan, and seem to compile OK.

Next think I'd like you to try is removing the "#include
<linux/config.h>" line from dmi_scan.c completely, and see if it changes
anything.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/