beeping issues (solved)

Hi all,

Here is the solution (hopefully) to the beeping problem you encountered
using LM Sensors with the AS99127F chip.

It turns out that the beeping is caused by VCore being out of range
(Thanks to "The Master" for noticing this.) The reason why it beeps is
obscure, and we can't do anything against that since we don't have a
data sheet for the AS19927F (Damn Asus. Ask them if you want one.)

So, since we can't turn the beeping off, the solution is to ensure VCore
isn't out of range anymore. Most of the time, VCore is indeed OK, but
the chip thinks it isn't because the limits are bad. Bad limits are
usually caused by a bad VID reading. So here are the things to try, in
order:

1* Edit the vrm option in /etc/sensors.conf, section as99127f-*.
Typically, this means uncommenting the "vrm 9.0" line. It should make
the VID reading OK. Run "sensors -s", the beeping should stop.

2* Edit the in0_min and in0_max lines in /etc/sensors/conf, section
as99127f-*. Instead of using vid, write down the value you know VCore
should have (simply run sensors to see what it is). Run "sensors -s",
the beeping should stop.

You can check that the limits are OK by running "sensors".

Please let us know wether it works or not.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/