SAA1064 sensors chip driver

At Dienstag, 15. Juli 2003 18:28 you wrote:
> 1* We do not support old kernels. Thus:
>
> [...]
>
> is unnecessary. Did you find such code in one of our drivers?

Like I said, I used lm_sensors-2.7.0 pcf8574.c as a template. There it is
still included :-)

> 2* According to the datasheet, the SAA1064 has four possible I2C
> addresses, ranging from 0x38 to 0x3b. So, you will want to replace:
>
> [...]

Done.

> 4* Use C99 style struct initializers. The following:
>
> [...]

Again, bad template :-) Fixed. Does this have to be done in the ctl_table,
too, cause I suppose that would look quite ugly for long tables?

I've just checked back on your current CVS. Okay my template was too old
:-). I see the ctl_table doesn't use C99 struct initializers, and I also
see that your SYSCTL defines went into the sources now. Is that part of the
API change you spoke about? I've inserted them into my code now, too...
One bug is fixed: ...SYSCTL_DIGIT0 should really be ...SYSCTL_DISP (as the
function and proc names also are "disp"). Tell me if anything needs still
be changed, also regarding new APIs, since it's the first time I'm doing
things in kernel space (and I'm having a good time *g*).

> Now, more important: is it working OK, at least for you? :)

Yup :-) Works very fine, here. On startup, everything lights up (maybe I
should put "init" on, instead?), then I disable the testmode, everything
gets dark, and I can program the digits...

Another small thing (@all *g*):
Most of your modules lack the #ifdef MODULE...#endif construct usually
embracing init_module and cleanup_module. That prevents most of these to
run smoothly compiled into the kernel. Is this a bug or a feature?

Since I am using a highly compact kernel for a thin client, with LIRC,
em8300 and even I2C compiled into the kernel, all working fine (after
adding the missing #ifdef construct), it can't be principle-caused.

Greetings,
Sascha