[gerhard@xxxxxxxx: Reading from SMBus]

----- Forwarded message from Gerhard Strangar <gerhard at brue.net> -----

From: Gerhard Strangar <gerhard at brue.net>
To: frodol at dds.nl
Subject: Reading from SMBus
High,

I found your email address in the sources of the lm_sensors project and
wodered, if you could help me. I want to read the CPU temperature from
the W83782D on my mainboard, but unfortunately it's not connected to the
ISA bus, thus I have to use SMBus, but can't figure out how to select
different registers on the slave. Do I have to write to that slave
first, telling it which register I want to read from?
Let's assume I want to read out register 4Fh of slave 2Dh, is it correct
to write 2Dh to this slave and then read from it?

--
 * Origin: (2:2480/8057.2)

----- End forwarded message -----

--