Additional info for ticket #1148

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 04:13, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > You really should stick to one given version of i2c AND lm_sensors
> > > or you're guaranteed to fall into death traps rather quickly. I
> > > don't know how you managed to reach the point you're at, but you're
> > > supposed to install the i2c version that matches the lm_sensors
> > > version you intend to use, *before* installing lm_sensors. Also,
> > > don't you forget to issue a "depmod -a" between the installations of
> > > i2c and lm_sensors.
> >
> > Yeah, I upgraded both to 2.7.0 the other day -Dan
>
> And did it solve the problem you had (which I'd be happy to hear you
> recap, by the way)?

Nope, it turned out I just needed to change the force_subclients option
a little, instead of:

force_subclients=0,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b

I had to use:

force_subclients=1,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b

I have a feeling that the 1 is because my tvtuner card is showing up as
/proc/bus/i2c-0 so my sensors are being bumped to 1?, but I'm not sure
if that's what the number in the option means or not, all working well
now though (for the first time in 6 months since I got the board ;) -Dan

--
OverrideX <overridex at punkass.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint = 4AD5 CE9C D7C8 0069 BDD3 7F72 3AB2 642A 5A5D EB89

"First, they ignore you, Then they laugh at you, Then they fight you,
Then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi