PCI bus drivers, i2c-dev

Most of the PCI bus drivers don't work. Sigh.
Kyosti got them mostly converted to the PCI module style
but then didn't fill in the pci_device_id table.

I think the best thing to get them working is to backport them from 2.5
rather than finish what Kyosti started, let's use what Greg did.
The only real problem is the dev_dbg, dev_info, etc.
I'm making a kernel/include/i2c_compat.h to define these to make it easier.
Is that OK?

I was testing things with i2cdetect and i2cdump but they just oops.
Thought it was the PCI driver problem but now I think it's in
i2c-dev.c in i2cdev_open(). I think it's
__MOD_INC_USE_COUNT(client.>adapter->owner) that is oopsing? (null pointer).

Every time it oopses the refcount on i2c-dev module increments.
Is that what it's supposed to do? Or is it the adapter module? Both?
Of course when it increments and then oopses I have to reboot to
try and fix it.

So it's slow going here. Any ideas? Are i2cdump/i2cdetect working for 2.5?