Binary compatibility issues with libsensors

thanks for the analysis.
Your point is well taken.
I guess it isn't reasonable to ask that other packages be recompiled against our new library?
What is necessary to have two libsensors versions coexist?
Numbering the new version 2.0.0 or is 1.4.0 sufficient?