[office@xxxxxxxxxxx: 1-Wire Bus]

I've played with the iButtons and have a few still on my keychain.
Neato, although my Java crypto button died (apparently from a common
defect in the battery on those).

Anyways, I'm not sure the Dallas iButtons are within the realm of
Lm_sensors.  There isn't any need for kernel drivers (the ibutton reader
plugs into a serial, parallel, or usb port), and many of the buttons are
more than simple sensors (like the Java button).  They are more like
smart-card devices than simple sensor chips.  Out of the 25+ ibuttons,
only one is a simple temp sensor and it's probably best served by a
'sensors'-like app which kicks out it's reading.

For the SDK, you can look here (as you probably already have):

http://db.maxim-ic.com/ibutton/example/

And, here are a couple open-source projects which support the iButtons:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/libow/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mibfm/

If you think I'm crazy and have a case for rolling some support into
Lm_sensors, feel free to make it.

Phil