problem with lm_sensors

Does you kernel have sysctl support turn on?  I.e., do you see anything
in /proc/sys/dev/sensors?  Also make sure you don't have any old
libsensors floating around from a previous install.  A good sample
/etc/sensors.conf file can be found in
lm-sensors-2.7.0/etc/sensors.conf.eg.  You likely don't need to modify
it after copying it to /etc/sensors.conf.

Phil