Looking to port...

> I'm looking for a sensor reading and perhaps also alarm function app
> that I can port to run on Novell NetWare.
>
> After scouting through your site, I find texts all over that points to
> various releases of the Linux kernel, so now my question is; How
> tightly bound to the kernel is LM-Sensors?  Do you think it's portable
> to run under NetWare?

I don't know NetWare but I'll risk an opinion (since your mail has been
unanswered so far). LM Sensors is huge. I don't think it is hardly bound
to the kernel though (hardware is hardware after all), but LM Sensors
requires a quite complete I2C layer to work, which I suppose you don't
have available on NetWare and would then need to be rewritten. This is
obviously a quite important effort and I would reconsider twice before
going on.

Also, please remember that if you use our code as a base, you are
required to release your code as GPL as well.

Just wondering, Novell NetWare is a network layer to me, not an OS...?
What sense does it make to port hardware device drivers to a network
layer? This just confuses me.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/