[RFC] driver core support for i2c bus and drivers

Sounds good. Thanks for volunteering to do the userspace changes.
I can also do them. I maintain most of them in our package.
(not that the changes are likely to be hard - look for a file
in one place, if it isn't there, look in the next place...)
Of course there are programs outside of our package that
access our /proc info directly or indirectly through
our libsensors library, they would get broken too.

The oops problem is present in CVS but not in our 2.7.0 release, correct?