question about lm_sensors

it doesn't really take that long to read the sensors.
ISA/PCI sensors in particular are quite fast. I2C sensors are somewhat slower.
But most drivers only get new readings if the old readings are more than 1.5 seconds old.
You can modify that if you wish by changing the test near the top of the
xxx_update_client() routine in each driver of interest.