it in lm_sensors.

Cheers,
Hans-Frieder
Hans-Frieder Vogt                 e-mail: hfvogt at arcor.de
-------------- next part --------------
Kernel driver `i2c-nforce2.o'

Supported adapters:
    * nVidia nForce2 SMBus PCI interface (10de:0064, included in nForce2 MCP)
      Datasheet: not publically available, but seems to be similar to the
                 AMD-8111 SMBus 2.0 adapter.

Author: Hans-Frieder Vogt <hfvogt at arcor.de>

Module Parameters
-----------------

None.

Description
-----------

i2c-nforce2 is a driver for the SMBuses included in the nVidia nForce2 MCP.

If your 'lspci -v' listing shows something like the following,

00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0064 (rev a2)
        Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 0c11
        Flags: 66Mhz, fast devsel, IRQ 5
        I/O ports at c000 [size=32]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

then this driver should support the SMBuses of your motherboard.

Notes
-----

The SMBus adapter in the nForce2 chipset seems to be very similar to the
SMBus 2.0 adapter in the AMD-8111 southbridge. However, I could only get the
driver to work with direct I/O access, which is different to the EC interface
of the AMD-8111.
Tested on Asus A7N8X. The ACPI DSDT table of the Asus A7N8X lists two SMBuses,
both of which are supported by this driver.