robustified adm1021

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Mark Studebaker wrote:

> actually I meant alarms = chip | fail.
> So the 'sensors' program would say "ALARM" if the read failed -
> no changes to 'sensors' required.

Cannot think of anything to argue there, for a single reader case.
Maybe add retry in the i2c read part, in case chip inserts wait
states the host does not accept. A retry from /proc is not effective for
some seconds.

Is there a reason why limits are read from chip in update? Seems to be
the case with most drivers.

If a measurement goes out of limits and returns chip's ALARM status is
set and cleared on /proc update. With two or more unsynchronised
readers, a reader may miss this update and transient failures.
Maybe I could write a reader daemon to handle chip access and have
libsensors talk with it.

--
  Ky?sti M?lkki
  kmalkki at cc.hut.fi