Pardon this possibly basic question....

Can lmsensors be run on a kernel that does not have modules enabled? If
so, are there documents that indicate how this is setup? I'm only
finding references to 'sensors-detect' which complains that it "Can't
access /proc/modules! at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line 885."

I am running Debian 3.0 (stable) with 2.4.18, patched with GRsecurity.
I've got a Dual Tyan motherboard which has (apparantly) PIIX4 chips in
it.

i2c support with i2c /proc is enabled in the kernel.

If you can help point me in the direction of running lmsensors without a
modular kernel, I'd appreciate it much.

Thanks....

John