New HP system

I was using the old dmidecode.
I just tried the new 1.8 on all my machines.
It works fine, except on the ia64, for which it still exits silently
(after version output).

For dd I was using the args you gave me (bs=64k, skip=14, count=2).
Using the new args below, it still crashes hard.
(don't worry, I've been crashing the heck out of it w/ IPMI modules
anyway)

I looked at the message link below, and yes, it identifies the problem
but
not the solution.

All the sensors on this machine are behind IPMI. I'm writing a dummy I2C
bus driver
which passes IPMI messages to the kernel IPMI driver developed by Corey
Minyard.
And a chip driver which dynamically queries the baseboard management
controller (BMC),
builds a table of sensors, and puts them in /proc/sys/dev/sensors as
usual.
It's a mess and a huge amount of work. I just got it working enough to
check something in.
I can see fan speeds and temperatures!
It's a long way from elegant at the moment.
I rigged Module.mk so it won't try to compile unless Corey's kernel
patch is installed and enabled.
Next is to add an i2c driver to expose the IPMB busses behind the BMC
for raw access.

Obviously, if there's anybody that has access to an IPMI machine for
testing let me know.

As for IA64, our stuff seems to compile and work fine. There's a fair
number of
compiler warnings about casts, alignments, etc.
I haven't gone through them yet to see exactly what the issue is or what
kind of casts to put into the code to fix/shutup the warnings.
But like I said, no ia64-specific issues yet.