New bus driver for Xilinx Virtex-II Pro (FPGA with a PowerPC 405)

I skimmed the code referenced below. It does not use the linux i2c stack
at all.
There is obviously a large amount of duplication between this code and
the
linux i2c stack. For example, the bus scanning in i2c-algo-xilinx.c, and
most of xiic_master.c.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with our i2c stack and the interface
to it,
then you should be able to write a much smaller driver. There are plenty
of examples
in kernel/busses in our package.
You may not even need separate algo and adap drivers.

good luck.
mds