smart battery

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I don't know if anyone has e-mailed you all about the SonicBlue ProGear
tablet computer.  This has an ali1535 smbus with an adm1024 thermal
monitoring chip.  It also has an unidentified smart battery and something
hanging at 0x69 which is probably a timer (as noted in your documentation).

The code for reading the battery was released and the actual code for
retrieving the data from the battery is GPL.  The other code for
displaying and setting the battery is of unknown license.  After reading
through the code for the battery and your instructions for creating a chip
driver I don't think I have the capability to write the driver.  I would
be happy to post the GPL code if someone else is able to write the driver.

I'm also confused as to whether the smart battery is the chip (to
create a driver for) or if there's a separate chip that drives the smart
battery that needs to be identified.  I can see the top half of the
circuit board but I am not comfortable with taking the circuit board out
of the case as it's all packed rather tightly and I don't want to risk
making the unit non-operational.  I also have no idea what I should be
looking for.

Thank you for your help.

--
"Don't try to use a 'hard copy' manual. It will take you hours (or possibly
days) to find out that it won't tell you what you want to know. Using the