major lm_sensors problem

OK, well this is beginning to sound different than the Thinkpad
issue... How can you re-install w/o being able to boot?  Can you boot
to CD but not HD or something?

On Thinkpads, it's been reported that you can hit 'ESC' to break out
of the hanging error screen when booting, you could try that.  On
Thinkpads, the ESC gets out of the error condition and the error
message goes away after you shutdown and restart again (so I've
heard).

Do you know that it was lm-sensors which did this, or was it just one
of the things you've done lately which may be suspect?

If you can boot to CD and your CD can see the harddrive, then it's
likely that it is a boot loader problem.  Hard to say how lm-sensors
could effect your boot loader?

Phil