Regarding ticket #955

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out what makes the difference between your and
mine configuration, since you were able to compile the p4b_smbus.o

I tried to compile on a 2.4.18 Debian system which failed, I also tried
compiling on a 2.4.18 Mandrake system, which failed as well.

Could you maybe send me your .config file for me to examine if you think it
could have anything to do with my problem. If I could compile with yours
unmodified .config it would be easier to isolate the problem, right? I have a
PCI Promise TX2-133 IDE controller, for which I must at the moment patch my
kernel to 2.4.19-rc3 to get working.

Thanks, Pontus