Compile Issue with customized RH installations

After having similar problems to others with getting the package to
compile, I read into your support answers a little more closely.  It
seems that the issue compiling from I2C_DRIVERID_ADM1024 not being
defined is due to old header files, but the root cause may be that many
people have a kernel-i2c rpm installed.  This would get picked up, and
caught me even though I have long since upgraded kernels, and
uninstalled their predecessors entirely.

-Dave