ticket 721

Reply from support:

Get CVS release of lm_sensors and
use ?modprobe w83781d init=0? which should prevent the hangs.
Let us know if it doesn?t at
sensors at stimpy.netroedge.com.
MDS 11/8/01

------------------------

Still no luck. I grabbed sensors2 and i2c as described in download.html page.

I generated a patch file:

  mkpatch/mkpatch.pl . /usr/src/linux > /tmp/pat
  cd /usr/src/linux
  patch -p1 < /tmp/pat

I didn't see any new settings in the make xconfig section.

Then I ran
  make dep && make clean && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install

Then I went back to the i2c directory and ran
  make
  make install

then went to sensors2

  make
  make install

Pushed new kernel and modules to my test system, rebooted and ran

  modprobe w83781d init=0
  modprobe i2c-piix4

and it hung. on the next boot I tried the modprobes in the reverse order and it hung after the
second modprobe.

This kernel has mods for reiserfs and kernel crash dump in it (should have mentioned that
originally). They haven't given me trouble in the past but I can build against a clean 2.2.19 if
that would be helpful.

I'm including the patch file (can't think of anything else useful to do ;-)

--john

--
John Lash	jkl at sarvega.com	630-734-5925

Sarvega Inc.