Question about inline, notrace, and livepatch

We hit the following hiccup a couple times in the past few months:

A function is marked as "inline", but the compiler decided not to inline it.
Since "inline" implies "notrace" since [1], this function doesn't have
fentry/mcount. When we built livepatch for this function, kpatch-build
failed with:

   xxx.o: function yyy has no fentry/mcount call, unable to patch

This is not a deal breaker, as we can usually modify the patch to work
around it. But I wonder whether we still need "inline" to imply "notrace".
Can we remove this to make livepatch a little easier?

Thanks,
Song

[1] 93b3cca1ccd3 ("ftrace: Make all inline tags also include notrace")

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]