Re: CET/IBT support and live-patches

Hi,

> > Joe, what is the current state of klp-convert? Do we still want to follow
> > that way?
> >

> kpatch-build relies on klp-relocations and they work well enough across
> the architectures we support.  Its code is slightly different than
> klp-convert, but concepts the same.  Moving all of that into the kernel
> build would definitely be better from a maintenance POV.

Ok, then it makes sense to me to pursue this.

> I can rebase the latest klp-convert patchset that I had worked on if we
> want to test and review.

Yes, please. I think we should take a fresher look and start working on it
(again).

> Apologies for losing momentum on that patchset
> while waiting for .klp.arch stuff to drop out, in particular the subset
> of static key relocations would still be supported.

No need to apologize. Thank you for maintaining the patch set.

Miroslav

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]