Re: RFC: removing reloc and module notify code from livepatch

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:03:07PM +0200, Miroslav Benes wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2015, Josh Poimboeuf wrote:
> > But it's a little crazy to keep bending over backwards to add support
> > for architectures, when all the code we need for every arch is already
> > in the kernel module loader today.
>
> I see the benefits of the approach and agree with them. I still feel
> uncomfortable and my concerns have not vanished at the same time.
>
> What needs to happen now is to consult Rusty, I think. After his reaction
> we can discuss the next steps.

I agree that we would need to consult Rusty for the module and
EXPORT_SYMBOL questions.  But due to the intersection of hot topics
(live patching, bypassing EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL) I think it has the
potential of becoming a "thread-from-hell".

So my feeling is that we (livepatch team) should figure out whether we
really want it before asking for it.

--
Josh