Re: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Write in xlog_cil_commit

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations!

> > Do you think it would make sense to backport that patch to 5.15.156 (the
> > LTS kernel)?
>
> That's up to the 5.15 LTS maintainers to decide. They also need to
> weigh up the fact that xlog_cil_kvmalloc() doesn't exist anymore in
> the upstream code base. i.e. we found other places that had the same
> kvmalloc() performance problems, and so lifted that code up further
> and used it in other places in XFS....

Understood. Please allow me one last follow-up question. Did I add the correct
maintainers/mailing lists to reach the 5.15 LTS maintainers? If not,
how do I find
the correct addresses? I used scripts/get_maintainer.pl as suggested here
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html)
to locate maintainers/mailing lists.

Wishing you a lovely week!

Best,