xfsprogs-6.5.0 with grub 2.12~rc1-12: unknown filesystem

Hi!

On recovering from some crazy filesystem corruption, probably related to
"thou shalt not resume from this hibernation image" (posts on linux-btrfs
mailing list, I can share link if curious), gladly no loss of important
data involved, I recreated XFS based /boot with

xfsprogs-6.5.0 (12 Oct 2023)
[…]
        mkfs: enable reverse mapping by default (Darrick J. Wong)
        mkfs: enable large extent counts by default (Darrick J. Wong)

After that GRUB started being funny on me:

update-grub => grub-mkconfig and grub-install both told me:

unknown filesystem

grub-probe revealed that grub did not like to recognize new XFS based
/boot filesystem. So /boot is Ext4 now. I don't really care.

This is with grub 2.12~rc1-12 on Devuan Ceres.

I read on internet that similar funny stuff happened as Ext4 gained
features. Could this be the case here as well?

Is this a known issue? I bet it needs a bug report to the GRUB developers?

Sometimes I like booting to be simpler than that. *Much* *simpler* *than*
*that*. With less moving parts that could do crazy things.

Reminder to self: Don't start crazy experimentation adventures like
"trying out BCacheFS with some 6.7-almost-rc2-i-dont-like-to-hibernate-
kernel" (well the BCacheFS part of the adventure basically worked as
expected as far as I can tell).

Ciao,
--
Martin