Re: [RFCv5 5/5] iomap: Add per-block dirty state tracking to improve performance

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 11:22:33AM -0400, Brian Foster wrote:
> That is a prepatory patch before iop dirty tracking is enabled in patch
> 5, right? I was mainly just suggesting to make the overwrite checking
> part of this patch come after dirty tracking is enabled (as a small
> optimization patch) rather than before.
>
> I don't want to harp on it if that's difficult or still doesn't make
> sense for some reason. I'll take a closer look the next go around when I
> have a bit more time and just send a diff if it seems it can be done
> cleanly..

Honestly, I think the way the patchset is structured now is fine.
There are always multiple ways to structure a set of patches, and I don't
think we need be too concerned about what order the things are done in,
as long as they get done.