Re: xfs: system fails to boot up due to Internal error xfs_trans_cancel

[CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 17.02.23 12:15, shrikanth hegde wrote:
> We are observing panic on boot upon loading the latest stable tree(v6.2-rc4) in
> one of our systems. System fails to come up. System was booting well
> with v5.17, v5.19 kernel. We started seeing this issue when loading v6.0 kernel.
>
> [...]
>
> we did a git bisect between 5.17 and 6.0. Bisect points to commit 04755d2e5821
> as the bad commit.

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 04755d2e5821
#regzbot title xfs: system fails to boot up due to Internal error
xfs_trans_cancel
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply and tell me -- ideally
while also telling regzbot about it, as explained by the page listed in
the footer of this mail.

Developers: When fixing the issue, remember to add 'Link:' tags pointing
to the report (the parent of this mail). See page linked in footer for
details.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.