Re: [GIT PULL] fsdax,xfs: fix data corruption problems

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 10:39:48 -0800 Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 8:01 AM Darrick J. Wong <djwong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > As usual, I did a test-merge with the main upstream branch as of a few
> > minutes ago, and didn't see any conflicts.  Please let me know if you
> > encounter any problems.
>
> Well... There are no conflicts, because there are no changes.

> Adding Andrew to the Cc, because obviously there was some
> communication failure and confusion here. Quite often the dax changes
> *do* fome through Andrew, so maybe the only issue this time was that
> because it only really affected XFS, we ended up having that "xfs
> people _also_ worked on it".

Sorry, I totally did not get (or comprehend) any such message.

Presumably Stephen was adding that tree into -next also, and never even
noticed the duplicated commits.

That's the third time this merge window.  I really do wish we had an
early warning system for this, and linux-next is the place to do it.
Stephen did indicate that he would take a look at brewing something up.