Fwd: does xfs support aio_fsync?

Hello all,
I have a workload that benefits the most if I can issue async fsync
after many async writes are completed. I was under the impression that
xfs/ext4 both support async fsync so I can use libaio to submit fsync.
When I tested with io_submit(fsync),  it always returned EINVAL.  So I
browsed the linux source (both kernel 3.10,  4.14)  and I found
xfs/xfs_file.c doesn't implement "aio_fsync", nor does ext4/file.c.

I found an old post which said aio_fsync was already included in xfs
(https://www.spinics.net/lists/xfs/msg28408.html)

What xfs or kernel version should I use to get aio_fsync working?  Thanks all.

Shawn