lilo booting problem

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed Slackware Linux 15 distribution
with xfs file system. I noticed that the system could not
start booting. The loader is Lilo and is installed on the
MBR: I am aware that this software is no longer maintained.

I tested vanilla kernels 5.17.13 and 5.18.1 (64 bit).

I re-created the filesystem with the reflink=0 option and
now, the system performs the boot successfully.

I kindly wanted to know if this behavior is the expected
one.

Thanks,
Marco