Re: XFS / xfs_repair - problem reading very large sparse files on very large filesystem

> >here's the output if it is of some use:
> >
> >https://storage.linuxbox.cz/index.php/s/AyZGW5Xdfxg47f6
>
> Just to be clear - I think Dave and I interpreted your original email slightly
> differently.
>
> Are these large files on the 1.5PB filesystem filesystem images themselves,
> or some other type of file?
>
> And - the repair you were running was against the 1.5PB filesystem?
>
> (see also Dave's reply in this thread)

Hello Eric,

I was running fsck on the 1.5PB fs (I interrupted it, as it doesn't seem
to be the main problem now). Large files are archives of videofiles from camera
streaming software, I don't know much about them, I was told at the beginning
that all writes will be sequential, which apparently are not, so for new
files, we'll be preallocating them.

btw blocked read from file I sent backtrace seems to have started finally (after
maybe an hour) and runs 8-20MB/s

nik

--
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH