Re: XFS NVMe RDMA?

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 12:51:05PM +0100, Dan Greenfield wrote:
> Do you have any ideas how they could have been able to utilise RDMA so that node A can directly access data chunks stored on XFS on node B? Is the only approach to mmap the chunk on node B and then RDMA it to/from node A?

I'm not going to watch a video, but with the pNFS code other nodes can
access data on an XFS node directly using any SCSI transport.
For RMDA that would be SRP or iSCSI/iSER.

Note that I also have an unfinished draft to support NVMe, which has
an RDMA transports as well and someone else could trivially reimplement
that as well.