Small project: Make it easier to upgrade root fs (i.e. to bigtime)

Darrick taught xfs_admin to upgrade filesystems to bigtime and inobtcount, which is
nice! But it operates via xfs_repair on an unmounted filesystem, so it's a bit tricky
to do for the root fs.

It occurs to me that with the /forcefsck and /fsckoptions files[1], we might be able
to make this a bit easier. i.e. touch /forcefsck and add "-c bigtime=1" to /fsckoptions,
and then the initrd/initramfs should run xfs_repair with -c bigtime=1 and do the upgrade.

However ... fsck.xfs doesn't accept that option, and doesn't pass it on to repair, so
that doesn't work.

It seems reasonable to me for fsck.xfs, when it gets the "-f" option via init, and
the special handling we do already to actually Do Something(tm)[2], we could then also
pass on any additional options we got via the /fsckoptions method.

Does anyone see a problem with this?
If not, would anyone like to take this on as a small project?

Thanks,
-Eric

[1] this works at least on some OSes, I don't know if it works on all.

[2]
if $FORCE; then
        xfs_repair -e $DEV
        repair2fsck_code $?