Sorting blocks in xfs_buf_delwri_submit_buffers() still necessary?

Hi,

Based on what's going on in blk-mq & NVMe land I though I'd check if XFS still
sorts buffers before sending them down the pipe, and sure enough that still
happens in xfs_buf.c:xfs_buf_delwri_submit_buffers() (the comparson function
is directly above). Before I make a fool of myself and try to remove this,
do we still think this is necessary? If there's a scheduler it will do the
same thing, and SSD/NVMe might do the same in HW anyway or not care.
The only scenario I can think of where this might make a difference is
rotational RAID without scheduler attached. Not sure.

I'm looking forward to hear what a foolish idea this is.

cheers
Holger