Re: iomap 5.15 branch construction ...

On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 03:11:14PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> 6. Earlier, Eric Biggers had a patchset that made some iomap changes
> ahead of porting f2fs to use directio.  I /think/ those changes were
> dropped in the latest submission because the intended use of those
> changes (counters of the number of pages undergoing reads or writes,
> iirc?) has been replaced with something simpler.  IOWs, f2fs doesn't
> need any iomap changes for 5.15, right?

Converting f2fs to use iomap for direct I/O doesn't require any iomap changes.
You might be referring to
https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20210604210908.2105870-7-satyat@xxxxxxxxxx
("iomap: support direct I/O with fscrypt using blk-crypto"), which will be
needed to support direct I/O on encrypted files.  Direct I/O support on
encrypted files will be a new feature, and it's being held up for other reasons.
So there's nothing for you to do for 5.15.  (And separately, using iomap for
direct I/O in f2fs is being held up by existing f2fs direct I/O bugs.)

- Eric