attempt to restore file dumps, but no files selectable in interactive mode

I wanted to restore a few files from a lvl9 dump but am unable to find any
files in the dump [file].

I dump out the list of files in the dump and I see what looks like all the files
but under 'orphanage/256.0/'.

From there it looks like what would be the files I'm expecting (it's a dump of
a /home partition).

I tried 'cd'ing into the orphanage/256.0, but no go.

Interactively I see nothing in the 2.3G dumpfile.

I'm trying to extract all the files in the dump, but am not sure what
it is doing.  Am getting odd messages for what looks like each file:

xfsrestore: NOTE: ino 573299 salvaging file, placing in orphanage/256.0/rpms/tumbleweed/repo/oss/noarch/texlive-musixtnt-2020.182.svn40307-44.1.noarch.rpm

It restored a bunch of files to my test location, and they look like what I
would suspect.

The restore ended with:

xfsrestore: NOTE: ino 8455987333 salvaging file, placing in orphanage/256.0/law/mail/.imap/vim/dovecot.index.cache xfsrestore: WARNING: unable to rmdir /home/Ishtar/home/home/orphanage: Directory not empty
xfsrestore: restore complete: 568 seconds elapsed
xfsrestore: Restore Summary:
xfsrestore: stream 0 /backups/ishtar/home/home-210521-9-0430.dump OK (success)
xfsrestore: Restore Status: SUCCESS

It looks like the files I want are among the restored, but why are all of them
under 'orphanage/256.0'?

It definitely prevents me from restore single files....which is a pain, but
at least, it _appears_, the files I wanted might be there...

Ideas?

kernel 5.9.0

Not sure how to print out the version of xfsrestore -- neither --version nor -V work.

-linda