Re: memory requirements for a 400TB fs with reflinks

Hi Dave,

> People are busy, and you posted on a weekend. Have some patience,
> please.

I know, sorry for that.

> So there's no one answer - the amount of RAM xfs_repair might need
> largely depends on what you are storing in the filesystem.

I just checked our existing backups repositories. The backup files are
VMware image backup files, daily ones are smaller, weekly/GFS larger.
But the are not millions of smaller files. For primary backup there
are ~25.000 files in 68 TB of a 100 TB share, for a new repository
with a 400 TB fs this would result in ~150.000 files. For the the
secondary copy repository I see 3000 files in a 100 TB share. This
would there result in ~200.000 files in a 700 TB repository. Is there
any formula to calculate the memory requirement for a number of files?

Ralf