Re: [BUG] xfs_corruption_error after creating a swap file

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:50:19PM +0100, Bastien Traverse wrote:
> Le mer. 13 janv. 2021 à 9:25, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
> écrit :
>
> > But I thought that was fixed in 5.9-rc7 so should be in your
> > kernel.  Can you confirm that your kernel has this fix?
>
> This commit does appear in Arch kernel repo, so I can only suppose
> it's in:
> https://git.archlinux.org/linux.git/commit/?id=41663430588c737dd735bad5a0d1ba325dcabd59
>
> Arch tends to stay close to upstream and I am using the standard
> kernel.

Ok. Given that xfs_repair apparently found and corrected some
corruption and it hasn't happened since, I'm not sure that there is
much we can go on here. It may have been a pre-existing corruption,
and the swapfile thing is a red herring. If it happens again, let us
know and we can see if we can get more information out of your
system about it.

Cheers,

Dave.
--