RE: XFS Disk Repair failing with err 117 (Help Recovering Data)

Hi, I'm continuing a series of emails I had with Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> on September 19, 2020, about trying to recover data from a corrupted file system where xfs_repair fails with `fatal error -- couldn't map inode 132, err = 117`

Last time the issue was declared to be a hardware problem; I have bought an equal drive to that one, and I have used ddrescue to clone the disk over to the new drive, without the encryption, so the data is not mangled and possible data logs should be more readable. Trying to run xfs_repair on that drive clone leads to the same error, but using `photorec` does show that all the files are still readable, so there must be a way to recover them while keeping the file structure and filenames they had, as `photorec` does not do this. `testdisk` does do this, but it is not supported on xfs, so it's sadly not an option.

Since I have a drive clone now, I'm able to do more risky repair procedures like trying to use dd to rewrite corrupted areas to make xfs_repair work, or similar; but I'm unable to find any information about locating inodes on the drive, so help doing this would be appreciated. The end goal is to have a readable drive, to then be able to backup all the files with their file structure, I know all the data is there and readable, so broken hardware is no longer an excuse, as the cloned data is on a brand new drive with 0 bad sectors and all OK S.M.A.R.T.

- Agustín (Austin in English)