Re: About material on old xfs wiki

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 04:14:05PM +0800, liang bai wrote:
> Hi,
> I am doing some research about how SSD can better cooperate with XFS.
> So I need to know much about the design of the XFS.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-documentation.git/

Though your best resource is going to be asking questions on this
list.

I'd be interested to know what sort of SSD optimisations you are
thinking of, because largely SSD optimisations are similar to the
layout optimisations that we do for RAID (alignment, cross-file
packing, locality groupings, etc) and as such we don't actually have
any specific SSD-only optimisations in XFS at all.

Most of this knowledge isn't documented anywhere, so the only way
you will understand what we already know works and doesn't work is
to discuss the topic directly here on this list...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner