Re: libxfs 5.7 resync

> On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 08:48:09AM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
>>>    xfs_check fails after various tests with multiply claimed extents.
>>>    This seems like some weird race, as neither repair nor manually
>>>    running check finds anything.  I had to patch out running xfs_check
>>>    to get useful xfstests runs
>>>  - but xfs/017 manually runs check and also still sees this
>>
>> /me wonders if that's due to the onstack xfs_inode in db/check.c...
>
> Not sure how that would affect us, but it definitively is going to be
> a problem going ahead.
>
> I'd so love to finally kill off the check command with all its problems.
>
>> I guess you could compare your git tree with mine:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/djwong/xfsprogs-dev.git/log/?h=libxfs-5.7-sync
>
> Diff from your to my version attached.  I find a few version in
> yours nicer, some in mine, but didn't spot anything substantial
> except that your version of db/attrset.c is missing various sanity
> checks that we removed from libxfs.

I checked this against mine too; you have some nice fixups that can probably
be separate patches as they go beyond just the merge and were more opportunistic
I think.

darrick & I both had a real xfs_buf_delwri_cancel() though... you stubbed it out.
I guess nobody calls it yet, but I think that's a time bomb.

I also don't see any differences of vital importance (other than that xino.mp
bit) across all 3 trees.

Let's ... figure out a way to be more efficient about this next time.  :(

-Eric