[Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Atomic Writes

Hi all,

I know there's a lot of discussion on the list right now, but I'd like to get this out before too much time gets away. I would like to propose the topic of atomic writes. I realize the topic has been discussed before, but I have not found much activity for it recently so perhaps we can revisit it. We do have a customer who may have an interest, so I would like to discuss the current state of things, and how we can move forward. If efforts are in progress, and if not, what have we learned from the attempt.

I also understand there are multiple ways to solve this problem that people may have opinions on. I've noticed some older patch sets trying to use a flag to control when dirty pages are flushed, though I think our customer would like to see a hardware solution via NVMe devices. So I would like to see if others have similar interests as well and what their thoughts may be. Thanks everyone!

Allison