Re: 2019 NYE Patchbomb Guide!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 07:12:19AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 05:25:08PM -0800, Darrick Wong wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > It's still the last day of 2019 in the US/Pacific timezone, which means
> > it's time for me to patchbomb every new feature that's been sitting
> > around in my development trees!  As you know, all of my development
> > branches are kept freshly rebased on the latest Linus kernel so that I
> > can send them all at a moment's notice.  Once a year I like to dump
> > everything into the public archives to increase XFS' bus factor.
>
> It seems like you missed the stale data exposure fix series using
> unwritten extents in buffered writeback.  Can we get that one off the
> back burner?

Aha, at least two people read the guide! :)

Yeah, I'll repost them shortly, though iirc the last time I posted them
Dave complained about the performance impacts.

Personally I think it's more important to guarantee that we can never
return disk garbage after a crash, but nobody RVBd the series so it
stalled.

--D