Re: XFS reflink vs ThinLVM

On 13/01/20 19:09, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
xfs_io -c 'bmap -c -e -l -p -v <whatever>' test.img

Ok, good to know. Thanks.

If you are interested in online scrub, then I'd say yes because it's the
secret sauce that gives online metadata checking most of its power.  I
confess, I haven't done a lot of performance analysis of rmap lately,
the metadata ops overhead might still be in the ~10% range.

The two issues preventing rmap from being turned on by default (at least
in my head) are (1) scrub itself is still EXPERIMENTAL and (2) it's not
100% clear that online fsck is such a killer app that everyone will want
it, since you always pay the performance overhead of enabling rmap
regardless of whether you use xfs_scrub.

Well, I really think online scrub, when ready, will be a killer feature. So, for a "mere" 10% performance penalty, I would enable rbmap unless a concrete chance to expose some bug exists.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico