Re: WARNING: CPU: 5 PID: 25802 at fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_bmap.c:4530 xfs_bmapi_convert_delalloc+0x434/0x4a0 [xfs]

On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 08:36:31AM +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > The WARN_ON means that conversion of delalloc blocks failed to find
> > free space.  Something that should not be possible due to the delalloc
> > reservations.  What as the last kernel where you did not see something
> > like this?
> >

> 4.20.13 looks ok
> 5.1.15 bad (that warn_on triggered)
>
> on both machines according to my old logs

Sorry for dropping the ball.  We have some pretty significant changes
between those version as 5.3 has a pretty big rewrite of the high level
writeback code, and this happens in code called from that.  But it
doesn't actually change (or should change) how we use the reservations,
which leaves me a little puzzled.  If I gave you an instrumented kernel
with new trace points, could you provide traces based on that?