Re: [ANNOUNCE] xfs-linux: for-next updated to 1baa2800e62d

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 04:40:24PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> /me shrugs -- it's been broken for years, apparently, and we've been
> arguing with almost no action for months.  Developers who are building
> things off of 5.3 should probably just add the patch (or turn off slub
> debugging)....

Well, this is a new breakage with the same old root cause.  The root
cause is that slub with debugging enabled gives us unaligned memory.

But with my log recovery changes we may now use slub for allocations
larger than a single page (before we only used it for smaller than
page sizes allocations in the buffer cache), and that newly trips
up in the pmem driver (and a few others).

> --D
---end quoted text---