Re: Sanity check - need a second pair of eyes ;-)

On 24/07/2019 22.21, Eric Sandeen wrote:

>> Is that the correct command line to achieve written sectors of 2 KiB?
>
> If you want to set the sector size, the instructions are in the man page for
> mkfs.xfs ;)
>
>        -s sector_size
>               This  option  specifies  the  fundamental  sector  size  of  the
>               filesystem.  The sector_size is specified either as a  value  in
>               bytes  with  size=value  or  as  a base two logarithm value with
>               log=value.  The default sector_size is 512  bytes.  The  minimum
>               value for sector size is 512; the maximum is 32768 (32 KiB). The
>               sector_size must be a power of 2 size and cannot be made  larger
>               than the filesystem block size.

Thanks.

(Yes, I looked at the manual but did not /see/ aka understand what I really needed).

My page is a little bit different:

       -s sector_size_options
              This option specifies the fundamental  sector  size  of
              the filesystem.  The valid sector_size_option is:

                   size=value
                          The  sector  size is specified with a value
                          in bytes.  The default sector_size  is  512
                          bytes. The minimum value for sector size is
                          512; the maximum is  32768  (32  KiB).  The
                          sector_size  must  be a power of 2 size and
                          cannot be made larger than  the  filesystem
                          block size.

                          To  specify any options on the command line
                          in units of sectors, this  option  must  be
                          specified  first so that the sector size is
                          applied consistently to all options.

Thus the final command line was:

# mkfs.xfs -L ANameUnseen -s size=2048 /dev/mapper/cr_nombre
meta-data=/dev/mapper/cr_nombre  isize=512    agcount=4, agsize=3054592 blks
         =                       sectsz=2048  attr=2, projid32bit=1
         =                       crc=1        finobt=1, sparse=0, rmapbt=0
         =                       reflink=0
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=12218368, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0, ftype=1
log      =internal log           bsize=4096   blocks=5966, version=2
         =                       sectsz=2048  sunit=1 blks, lazy-count=1
realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)